- Roasted gram flour - 3 cups
- Roasted rice flour - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder - 1 pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil - for frying
- Mix the flour with chilli powder, asafoetida powder and salt. Now add the ghee and mix well.
- Knead the above to a smooth dough using hot water.
- Press it through the ribbon mould of a seva press into hot oil and fry it till golden brown.
- Drain it from oil in a kitchen towel.
Onion Pakkavada Recipe
- Onion - chopped 2 cups
- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Garlic (chopped) - 7 cloves
- Green chillies (sliced) - 5 nos
- Curry leaves - 3 stalks
- Chilly powder - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Mix the ingredients from 1 to 7 well.
- Add little water and prepare a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a wok,fry some of the onions mixture.
- Fry the pakkavada on medium heat till golden brown on both sides or until crisp.
- Drain the pakkavada on an absorbent paper.
- Serve it hot.