Kerala Pickle Recipes
Lime Pickle Recipe
- Lemon - 12 nos
- Garlic - 5 nos
- Gingelly oil - 1 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 cup
- Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek powder - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 8 nos
- Chilly powder - 8 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Heat gingelly oil in a pan.Add cleaned and dried lemon in full.
- Roll the lemons in the oil to spread nicely.
- Keep it on flame for sometime.
- Stir in between so that it will not get burnt. Once the outer skin has become soft, remove from the flame.
- Dry off the oil using a clean cloth. Cut each lemon ento 4 pieces. Set it aside.
- Heat the same pan with coconut oil.
- Add peeled garlic and fry for some time.
- Add green chillies and stir well.
- Once garlic starts to turn to brown, add fenugreek and asafoetida powder and stir well for sometime.
- Add chilly powder and stir well on a low flame for sometime.
- Add cut lemon pieces and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Add salt and vinegar mix well.
- Pickle is ready.